Trails are placed inside of Subjects to categorise and organise Courses. They are an important and useful way of making sure learners go through the learning content in the correct order. They are very straightforward to set up, and below we will show you how.
How do I set up a Trail?
- After opening the Bloom side menu, please click the ‘Trails’ button to open the Trails page.
- Once you’re here, you can click ‘Create A Trail’ to open the Trail creation dialog, this is where you can create a Trail with some simple details such as the Trail name and description.
- You’ve created a Trail! To customise this Trail and to fill it with Courses, please click the ‘Edit Trail’ button. On this screen you can customise all aspects of the Trail, from the basic details such as the name to the Courses that are set up within it.
- Inside of Trails, it is easy to add Course by going to the Courses tab and clicking a button to add an existing Course or create a new one.
- You can further sort your content by putting selections of Courses into topics within the Trail, this can be done by clicking the ‘Add Topic’ button.
Tips and tricks
- If you need two similar but not identical Trails, instead of creating a brand new one, click the ‘Duplicate’ button and follow the simple steps to creating a new Trail with a different name, but with the same Courses and topics!
- Selecting the ‘Step lock this Trail’ setting will force Users to complete the Courses from start to finish. Unless they have finished the previous Course, learners will be unable to proceed to the next Course in the Trail. This is a good way of making sure learners don’t miss anything when they work through the Trail.
- If you need to add additional files or resources to a Trail, you can! On the Edit Trail page you can add resources so that learners can easily find any additional relevant content to this Trail.