Subjects are the broadest way of managing learning content, they are made up of Trails which are, in turn, populated with your Courses. When you make a Subject, you can assign it to a Group and then all the Users in that Group will have access to the Subject.
How do I set up a Subject?
- Head to the Bloom side menu and click on the Subjects tab.
- On this page, click ‘Create A Subject’ to trigger the popup dialog where you can choose the names and description of your new Subject.
- Once you’ve done that, click the ‘Edit Subject’ button next to your new Subject. On this page you are able to customise how the Subject appears in the learners Library, it’s url-slug and which Trails are set up within it.
- If you click the ‘Trails’ tab, you are very easily able to manage which Trails are to be included in this Subject. If you don’t have any Trails or would like to create a new one, it is simple to add a new Trail on this page by clicking the ‘+ Add New Trail’ button.
Tips and tricks
- Choose a relevant and eye-catching Hero Image so that learners are drawn into the Subject and remember it better!
- Try making Subjects not too specific, as you can easily set up Trails inside of them to organise the Courses into categories.
- Remember, everything is automatically saved in Bloom so once you’ve finished editing your Subject you can navigate elsewhere and your changes will be saved.