Courses are the main form of content in Bloom, and they are where your learners will be spend most of their time. All courses are put into trails and are accessible from the library. Courses can be published from Evolve, an uploaded resource or an external link.
External links are very versatile, you can use any of the following if you wish to upload a Course in this format:
- SCORM courses
- Various document formats including .pdf, .mp4, .mp3, .doc/.docx, .pps/.ppsx, .xls/.xlsx and more.
How do I set up a course?
- Head to the ‘Courses’ tab that can be found in the Bloom navigation menu.
- Once you’re on courses page, click the ‘Create a Course’ button and fill in the fields to create a course. When you’ve finished this, you can click ‘Edit Course’ to begin customising this course.
- There are four tabs at the top of the page, Edit, Tracking, Deadline and Course Availability
- A. Edit. In the edit tab you can amend basic details such as the title, description and URL slug. Importantly, you can select the course type and then either upload your course or put the address into the external link field.
- B. Tracking. The Tracking tab allows you to manage the tracking data collected for learners using this course, this data can be viewed for individual courses in the Courses tab in the Reporting area.
- C. Deadline. Here you can manage the deadlines for this course, these can be group specific and you can even send out notifications to remind any users that they’ve got a deadline to meet!
- D. Course Availability. In this tab you can manage the availability for this course, meaning that you can adjust when you would like it to become and cease to be available to specific groups. It’s also possible to hide the course once it becomes unavailable, decluttering the learners library and dashboard!
Tips and tricks
- It is important to choose the correct course type from the dropdown menu, otherwise your course will not work!
- You can install the Bloom SCORM plugin for use with SCORM v1.2 courses, once you’ve done this you will be able to choose SCORM Course from the course type dropdown. If you wish to install this on your Bloom instance, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- It’s possible to hide a course in the main areas, such as the library and dashboard if you wish to hide a course from the users while you make changes to it.
Article is closed for comments.