Users are integral to Bloom and setting up a User is key to getting learners and teachers to use your Bloom. It is very straightforward to create Users in a few short steps, or you can import a .CSV file to do most of the work for you! Users are at the core of Bloom and they can be split into three different types, Learners, Teachers, and Admins.
Learners will make up the majority of your Users, they will be the ones who navigate Bloom and complete the learning content. Teachers have access to more features, such as Reporting compared to Learners but won’t be able to make major changes to the system. Admins have the most control, being able to manage and customise the Bloom instance in every way allowed.
Adding a User
- As an Admin, head to the Users tab on the Bloom side menu.
- Once you’re on this screen, click the ‘Create a User’ button and you’ll see this popup dialog.
- You can enter the Users information here; such as their name, email address, their role and any Groups or Tags that you might want them to be associated with. You can also any
Bulk import Users.
- On the Users page, you can click the ‘Import Users’ button to display the Import Users popup window.
- Here you can batch import Users from a .CSV file, following the instructions on the popup make it easy to set up a .CSV file in the format required to making importing the Users as smooth as possible.
- You can also select options such as auto enrolling the imported Users into Groups, sending the new Users a register link or setting a default password. Once you’ve decided, you can upload the new Users and it’s all done.
Tips and tricks
- Make sure to pay close attention to the format required for the .CSV in the Import Users dialog, if set up improperly (such as a typo for ‘firstName’) the import won’t work correctly.
Article is closed for comments.