We’ve made Bloom’s setup and start process for Users even easier and slicker with the new Onboarding process. Onboarding streamlines the sign up process for all Users joining Bloom, allowing them to choose their Language, Groups, any Tags or Custom Attributes one step at a time before they get to the dashboard. It is completely customisable too, so you can enable or disable any of the Onboarding stages to your liking.
Setting up Onboarding
- Head to the Settings page and to the My Profile tab, from here you can tweak the Onboarding process.
- You are able to configure the User sign up process to your liking, there are five stages for Users to complete before they’re signed up. You can turn off and on as many of these stages as you wish.
- A. Language Selector. On this page a User can choose their language before proceeding. It is important that a User selects ‘Confirm Language’ if they wish for the language change to take effect immediately.
- B. Welcome Screen. On this screen you are able to add custom text and a graphic to give your Users a warm welcome when they sign up.
- C. Groups Selector. If you wish to give Users the ability to select their own Groups on signup, then turn this option on.
- D. User Attributes. A brand new feature, allowing admins to set up custom attributes that Users can select for themselves.
- E. Tags. These are a great way for Users to find the content they’re interested in learning about, and letting them choose their tags gives Bloom a head start on what to recommend to them.
- At any point you can customise the titles and body in each step of the Onboarding process. Simply head to the Translations tab in Settings and go to My Profile, here you can change the wording that shows up on each page.
Tips and tricks
- If you click the Reset button in one of the Onboarding sections, this will force Users to re-complete this section when they sign back in.
- If you need some more information about setting up the custom user attributes, have a quick read of our guide here